Thursday, June 18, 2009

NBA Season ends - NBA Season begins

The Lakers won the NBA title. Good for them I guess. I think we did, or at least I did, learn a few things in this year's NBA postseason.

- We had a little bit of out with the old guard this year: Tim Duncan out in the first round. Detroit Pistons an 8 seed and destroyed by Cleveland. No Shaq at all (besides Twitter).
- Cleveland needs more than just LeBron to win apparently. Like a real coach.
- Stan Van Gundy is only a slight embarrassment not a complete one. Maybe we all looked past Orlando when we thought Cleveland were going to be this next great team? Dwight Howard and their shooters really came through and you have to give them credit.
- Denver was the second best team. I know that there were a couple of close games in the Lakers/Magic finals, but Denver seemed to play them better to me. I never really thought Orlando would beat the Lakers, but I did think there was a chance of Denver winning. Billups really did make that much of a difference as did the extra gear that 'Melo went to in the playoffs, which was encouraging to see.

Now it's time for some more fun with the NBA Draft coming up on June 25. The NBA Draft is one of my favorite sporting events, even though it doesn't actually involve playing anything or any type of athleticism. Also, we get some nice NBA trade rumours! One of my favorites going on right now is basically the theme of "What can the Cavs do to get better?".

Pretty much every trade that you see rumoured with the Cavs is going to involve Ben Wallace and Sasha Pavlovic. I think Shaq to the Cavs is pretty much dead at this point, but even still it sounds like a terrible idea to me. Shaq will be injured, and not be able to be active and will slow them down. What this team needs is a dependable player who can either shoot or create on their own, and maybe can show a little leadership. That's why the Antawn Jamison to Cleveland trade idea makes a lot more sense to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment