Wednesday, April 1, 2009

I miss you Predator

Last night was another bad loss for the Knicks as they lost to the Nuggets 111-104. At least we got to see an old friend, Renaldo Balkman. Or as they used to refer to him as on the old Max Kellerman radio show "The Predator". The nickname was well earned - the pronounced features of his face and crazy hair make him look like the Predator, but also the way he went after the ball and went after defenders - he was frighteningly pesky and fast. There's a chance that he still is but I don't really get to see him. He was without a doubt my favorite Knick last year.


I am a fan of Mike D'antoni, but there was no need for him to go after Balkman the way he did yesterday. It was just reacting to him saying that the Knicks regretted trading him, which they clearly don't - but why kick a guy when he's down? He's got great passion for the game, I mean he has the fucking words "Hustle" and "Harder" tattooed on his legs! I know he wouldn't really fit in with the Knicks now since he has no jumpshot, but maybe he can work on it? Eh, probably not. Well, at least his current teammates appreciate him.

I for one miss you Predator, and I want you to know that I would have bought your jersey if it was ever available for purchase.

No comments:

Post a Comment