Monday, April 6, 2009

MLB AL Preview

Look I know it is opening day, and most games are already over, but I'm a bit of a slacker ok? Might as well offer my baseball predictions now - better a little bit late than never. I'll have my NL Preview even later - like tomorrow or something. Trust me, I'm not taking today's games into account:

AL East
1) Boston Red Sox - Rotation is just too deep and I think Papi has another year in him.
2) New York Yankees - Big fat CC Sabathia will make the difference and the Yanks are the Wild Card.
3) Tampa Bay Rays - Young and will be good just not as good.
4) Baltimore Orioles - Never heard of most of their pitching, but that lineup looks dangerous.
5) Toronto Blue Jays - Roy Halladay and nobodies.

AL Central
1) Chicago White Sox - Still think with this balanced team they are the best bet.
2) Minnesota Twins - Hopefully Joe Mauer is ok.
3) Kansas City Royals - Will hang in tight with the White Sox and Twins all year.
4) Cleveland Indians - Your rotation stinks.
5) Detroit Tigers - Possible fire sale by July.

AL West
1) Oakland As - Surprise team that somehow makes it work in a shitty division.
2) Los Angeles Angels - It's just about time they don't win this thing right?
3) Texas Rangers - Just enough to not be in last.
4) Seattle Mariners - Ken Griffey Jr of 15 years ago would have to come back to make a difference.

AL MVP - Grady Sizemore, Cleveland (I know that's crazy since I think they finish below the Royals, but I just don't see that many good candidates. Teixeira? Matt Holliday? Pedroia? I just don't see it.)
AL Cy Young - Zack Greinke, KC
AL Rookie of the Year - Matt Weiters, Baltimore

No comments:

Post a Comment