Saturday, April 4, 2009

Robo Recap - April 4, 2009

The thinking is that this feature would be called "This Week In Robot News" but the odds of me actually being able to do this every week are not very good. To sum up my idea for what this optimistically weekly feature is, well, robots are fucking awesome. Let's talk about what is going on with them.

- Little known movie Exterminator City has an awesome robot sword fight scene that I have recently found on the internets. Seriously, one of the robots is wearing a fucking trenchcoat! Check it out:


- Ok, I watch that Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles show on Fox. I honestly don't know many people who watch it besides me, but they are missing out. Maybe it was kinda stupid at first, and yes, it can be ridiculous at times. The acting is not always the best. But there are robots, and there are cool fight scenes, and the whole overall story of what is going on is actually pretty good. You know the deal, let's stop Skynet from making robots. Well, the last couple of weeks have been especially good - and (spoiler alert?) they've killed off like three characters in the past month. One of those characters being John Connor's uncle, Derek Reese, played by the underrated (yes, I said it) Brian Austin Green. Well the weird thing about it was the way they killed him off - it wasn't even at the end of the episode like what would normally happen. There was a fight with a terminator and he just shot BAG right in the head and kept going. Like he didn't even matter. I guess that terminator represents America.

- Speaking of Brian Austin Green - his ladyfriend Megan Fox is in the new Transformers 2 coming out this summer, and the new trailer is now available. Check it out here. I did like the first one - of course, it had robots fighting and Megan Fox, what more do you need (I won't go into my unwavering support of Shia LaBeouf, which goes back to Even Stevens). It had it's problems - nonsensical plot, too many characters, me not being able to tell which robot was which, but I ended up looking past those faults. The movie didn't take itself too seriously and had a good bit of humor which makes me think i will end up seeing the sequel in the theater.

- Japan is looking forward, as usual, and is aiming to have a robot walk the moon by 2020. I'm not really sure what the point is other than just being able to say "we had a fucking robot walking on the moon, suck it world!". I guess the robot can do some kind of scouting? Maybe they can colonize up there and build a robot community? Robot world on the moon. I'd visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment